Issue Date: July 28, 2008
Food Makers Follow Their Hearts
FOOD MANUFACTURERS are smitten with omega-3 fish oils and plant sterols. Big-name food and beverage makers such as Tropicana, Dannon, Heinz, and Nature Valley all have introduced products with encapsulated fish oils and plant sterols.
The food industry’s affection for the fatty acids was also evident at the recent International Food Technology (IFT) conference held in New Orleans, where “heart healthy” icons, including little red hearts and small blue . . .
You Do Not Have Access to C&EN Protected Content.
- » Food Makers Follow Their Hearts
- Omega-3 fish oils and plant sterols star at food tech show
- » Sweet Nature
- Cargill’s sugarlike truvia is made from a plant with a lot of history
- » An Appetite For Science
- For Food Network host Alton Brown, science plays more than a cameo role
- » Sugar-Coated Science
- Cooking and comedy combine for some sweet results
- Chemical & Engineering News
- ISSN 0009-2347
- Copyright © American Chemical Society