Issue Date: August 18, 2008
Productivity Lag Hits Biotech Results
IN THE ABSENCE of new growth drivers at major companies, the biotechnology industry was downright stagnant in the second quarter. Its results looked more like those offered by big pharma than the outsized sales and earnings increases that for years have been the hallmark of biotech drug companies.
To view the rest of this content, please log in with your ACS ID.
- » Agriculture Saves Chemical Earnings
- In the second quarter, high costs take their toll on chemical industry earnings and profits
- » Cloudy Forecast For Big Pharma
- Second-quarter results are good, but companies’ ability to maintain growth is uncertain
- » Productivity Lag Hits Biotech Results
- Second-quarter sales reflected the lack of new products from big firms
- Chemical & Engineering News
- ISSN 0009-2347
- Copyright © American Chemical Society