Web Date: October 7, 2008
Nobel Prize In Physics
The 2008 Nobel Prize in Physics pays homage to symmetry breaking, an abstruse but critical theory in physics that explains why matter should have persisted after the Big Bang. Developed in the 1960s and '70s, symmetry breaking also led to predictions about new types of quarks, which are subatomic particles that make up particles such as protons.
. . .
To view the rest of this content, please log in with your ACS ID.
- Nobel Prize In Chemistry
- Japanese, two Americans tapped for green fluorescent protein.
- Nobel Prize In Physics
- Three honored for developing fundamental theory that explains why matter persists.
- Nobel Prize In Physiology Or Medicine
- Discoverers of HIV and cancer-causing human papillomaviruses get the nod.
- C&ENtral Science: The Chemistry Nobel â€¦ And A Rap To Celebrate It
- C&ENtral Science: The Chemistry Nobel â€¦ And A Video To Celebrate It
- Chemical & Engineering News
- ISSN 0009-2347
- Copyright © American Chemical Society