Compact Mass Spectrometry for
Reaction Monitoring and Mass Characterization
Thursday, May 31, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. CDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 15:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Synthetic organic, natural product, peptide and scale-up chemists
• Core LC-MS group leaders
• Research / R&D Managers
• Laboratory Managers/ Directors / Supervisors
• University and College chemistry department chairs and professors
President and Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors
Jack Henion, Ph.D
Co-Founder, Chief Scientific Officer and Chairman
Susan R. Morrissey, Ph.D.
Assistant Managing Editor
Government & Policy
Synthetic organic, natural product, peptide and scale-up chemists are tasked with discovering novel compounds and efficient synthetic routes which involve a variety of reaction conditions and purification steps. Each step needs to be mass characterized for efficient workflow and to improve decision-making in future steps. The expression CMS from Advion allows the chemist to locate a mass analysis device by using data from their research, enabling an improvement in efficiency for the individual. It offloads routine mass assays from the core facility, allowing central analytical teams to concentrate on accurate mass requirements and more challenging tasks; this raises the overall function of the organization.
This webinar will review the benefits of a single quadrupole mass spectrometer as well as demonstrate its effectiveness in a variety of applications.
What Participants Will Learn:
• The academic, industrial needs and driving influences that lead to the product development
• Specifications and performance characteristics of the expression CMS
• Workflow improvement
• When to use LC-MS vs GC-MS
• Ionization source choices
• Real-world examples of LC-CMS, UPLC-CMS, Flash-CMS, FIA-CMS, Flow chemistry real-time CMS