High-Pressure Ion Chromatography - An Introduction
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. CDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 15:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Ion chromatographers interested in upgrading to high-pressure systems
• Environmental, food/beverage, and pharmaceutical analysts interested in learning about ion chromatography
• Lab managers, analytical chemists and chromatographers interested in ion chromatography
Product Marketing Manager
Ion Chromatography Systems
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Jyllian Kemsley, Ph.D.
High-pressure ion chromatography systems enable continuous operation at system pressures up to 5000 psi, making it possible to use new, smaller 4 µm particle-size ion-exchange columns in capillary and analytical scale formats. Smaller particle sizes can increase chromatographic efficiency, with benefits for analyte resolution. This webinar will explore the new Thermo Scientific Dionex HPIC systems and 4 µm columns.
Following a review of 4 µm particle-size ion-exchange column technology, targeted methods for environmental water analysis and the analysis of organic acids, inorganic anions, and inorganic cations in complex matrices such as foods and beverages using HPICTM systems will be discussed. These analytes may be present either as additives or endogenous to their natural source, and can be used to evaluate product identity, adulteration, and authenticity, in addition to being key indicators of contamination or spoilage due to bacterial growth.
Register FREE at http://tinyurl.com/97exozy
Stay tuned for the following C&EN Webinars, sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific:
• October 16th, 11am EDT, High-Pressure Ion Chromatography - Charge Detection
• November 6th, 11am EST, High-Pressure Ion Chromatography - Analytical Scale (4 mm and 2 mm) Applications
• December 4th, 11am EST, High-Pressure Ion Chromatography - Capillary Format Applications