High-Pressure Ion Chromatography — Analytical Scale (4mm and 2mm) Applications
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. CDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 16:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Ion chromatographers interested in utilizing high- pressure systems
• Environmental, food/beverage, and pharmaceutical analysts interested in learning about ion chromatography
• Analytical chemists and chromatographers interested in learning about ion chromatography
Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
Celia Henry Arnaud
The new high-pressure IC systems bring the benefits of 4 μm particle size columns to ion chromatography. With the introduction of the Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-5000 HPIC system, the ability to operate at high pressure in analytical scale (4 mm and 2 mm formats) is now possible in our most flexible and advanced dual channel ion chromatography system. The high-pressure capabilities, which allow continuous system pressures up to 5000 psi, bring the advantages of 2x faster run times and reduced cycle time. With the ability to run 4 μm particle columns in 4 mm, 2 mm and capillary formats, very high resolution and fast separations are available for a wide range of applications.
This presentation will cover the ability of high-pressure IC to provide fast separations and highly resolved peaks in 4 mm and 2 mm formats. Applications illustrating the benefits of HPIC for a variety of industries will be discussed.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Benefits of high-pressure separations in analytical scale
• Benefits of 4 mm and 2 mm diameter 4 μm particle-size IC columns
• Applications for environmental, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industry analyses