Increase Productivity with Automated Sample Preparation
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. CDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 16:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Lab managers, directors or technicians
• R&D chemists
• Chemists interested in improving lab productivity or reducing solvent consumption
Product Marketing Specialist,
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Advances in chromatography and other analytical methodologies have greatly increased the speed of analysis and is a critical link in the overall analytical process. Unfortunately, sample preparation techniques have not always kept pace. There are many traditional sample preparation procedures that are slow and consume large quantities of solvent, causing bottlenecks and costing laboratories thousands of dollars in solvents purchased and disposed per year. Accelerated solvent extraction is an established technique using a combination of elevated temperature and pressure with common solvents to increase the efficiency of the extraction process. The results is faster extraction times and a significant reduction in solvent use. Precise temperature control of the extraction cell contents provides excellent reproducibility and the high level of automation increases laboratory productivity. Innovations such as new modes of operation, materials of construction, computer control, and new developments in evaporation capabilities overcome problems in sample preparation for solid or semisolid samples.
In this webinar we will explain the accelerated solvent extraction technique and show how automated sample preparation workflows greatly shorten and simplify sample preparation processes prior to chromatographic analysis.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Learn about new innovations in automated sample preparation for chromatographic analysis
• Understand how the accelerated solvent extraction technique saves you and your laboratory time, money, and increase sample throughput through automation
• Learn how to increase productivity in your laboratory