High-Pressure Ion Chromatography - Capillary Scale Applications
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EST / 10:00 a.m. CST / 8:00 a.m. PST / 16:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Ion chromatographers interested in utilizing high- pressure and/or capillary systems
• Environmental, food/beverage, and petrochemical analysts interested in learning about ion chromatography
• Analytical chemists and chromatographers interested in learning about ion chromatography
Product Marketing Manager
Ion Chromatography Systems
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Phillips 66 Company
Mitch Jacoby, Ph.D.
Capillary high-pressure ion chromatography brings together the benefits of "IC on Demand" and new capabilities for chromatographic speed and resolution. Walk-up operation of "always on, always ready" capillary IC saves both time and materials, requiring less equilibration time, less frequent calibration, and less reagent use. High-pressure ion chromatography brings additional analytical speed and resolution; providing better information faster.
The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ICS-5000+ and ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC™ systems enable operation at system pressures up to 5000 psi. Each product line offers differentiating features to support the needs of a wide range of customer workflows. Applications of Capillary HPIC will be discussed to highlight the practical benefits of these newer separation capabilities for both method development and routine analyses.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Benefits of high-pressure separations in analytical scale
• Benefits of 0.4 mm diameter 4 μm particle-size IC columns
• Applications for environmental, food and beverage, and petrochemical industry analyses