Informatics-Led Literature Service: Keeping up with the Data Deluge
Thursday, June 7, 2012
USA 11:00 a.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. CDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 15:00 GMT
Who should attend?
• Scientists / Researchers
• R&D Managers and Directors
• IT Professionals
• Business Executives
Informatics & Maths
Science Leader, Unilever
Assistant Managing Editor, ACS News & Special Features
With over 400 brands focused on health and well being, Unilever scientists require quick access to published data to develop better, faster innovations. Unilever has thousands of researchers and scientists that regularly search the PubMed database for references, abstracts and articles on life sciences and biomedical topics. However, with over 1,000,000 new publications appearing in 40,000 PubMed journals in 2011 and the number of papers published each year rising exponentially, this can prove to be a time consuming and cumbersome task.
Learn how Unilever develops solutions to:
• Rapidly determine which of the PubMed journals and articles were of interest to each unique researcher
• Keep on top of the vast amount of data without requiring hours of searching, allowing scientists to focus on science
• Proactively deliver literature of interest in an easily digestible format
• Continually refine and improve the results delivered
This webinar will provide an overview of Unilever's Informatics-Led Literature Service, from the set up and defining of areas of interest, to the intelligent training of the model, to the automatic results delivered.