_____ Brought to you by Anton Paar _____
Go with the Flow – Bulk Solid Flow Under the Influence Temperature and Moisture
November 20, 2019
8:00 a.m. PST, 11:00 a.m. EST, 16:00 GMT, 17:00 CET
The behavior and mechanical coefficients of solids under the influence of temperature are well understood, how this translates to particulates is less so. This increased complexity warrants dedicated measuring equipment. In this webinar we will show how simple it is to apply temperature and humidity in a newly built powder shear cell. This setup allows to analyze powders both in an extensive temperature range (from -160°C to 600°C) as well as under the application of high amounts of moisture in the air. The webinar will start with a brief introduction to shear cell measurements and will then focus on the different kinds of impacts which can be observed when temperature and/or humidity changes. Varying temperature and humidity can significantly change how a powder behaves and therefore also change how it has to be handled and stored.
Multiple samples will be discussed, from food and feed powders to pharmaceutical over polymers and inorganic raw materials like cement and TiO2. The webinar will also cover how these measurements translate to the real-life application and which conclusions can be drawn from this for optimized production, processing and storage.
Brought to you by:
- What powder rheology is and how it can help understand your problems with your bulk solids.
- How simple it is to run shear cell measurements while controlling temperature and humidity.
- What these tests mean and how the results can be translated to your application.
- Those interested in learning more about powder characterization and behavior.
- Those wanting to understand why their powders behave the way they do.
- Those wanting to solve processing issues or optimize process parameters.
International Product Manager
C&EN Media Group