_____ Brought to you by Syft Technologies _____
Real-Time, Comprehensive Air Quality Monitoring Using Direct MS
February 7, 2018
8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST / 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET - Duration: 60 Minutes
Air is a dynamic matrix and is complex at trace levels. Conventional analytical technologies (such as GC–MS and HPLC) lack the time resolution, responsiveness, and comprehensiveness of analysis required to provide timely answers so that the root cause of air quality perturbations can be rapidly identified and addressed.
Selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is a revolutionary direct mass spectrometric technology for continuous, sensitive, selective, and robust analysis of air. Diverse VOCs (such as benzene and formaldehyde) and inorganic gases (such as sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide) are detected in a single, simple analysis.
This webinar will present a variety of SIFT-MS-based environmental applications, including:
• Ambient monitoring
• Fenceline monitoring
• Stack analysis
A case study from China will compare air quality monitoring with GC-FID and SIFT-MS.
Brought to you by:
- Learn the fundamentals of the selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) technique, including its ability to selectively and comprehensively analyze samples in one simple procedure.
- Discover how SIFT-MS can simplify continuous air quality monitoring applications, while delivering more actionable data.
- Understand—from various case studies—how SIFT-MS can provide enhanced ambient and fenceline monitoring.
- Analytical chemists
- Environmental scientists and engineers
- Researchers / R&D Managers
- QA/QC managers, engineers and scientists
- Laboratory Managers /
Directors / Supervisors
Director of Applications & Marketing,
NCAS Research Scientist,
National Centre for Atmospheric Science