_____ Brought to you by Syft Technologies _____
Cost-Effective, High-Throughput Volatile Compound Analysis for Air, Water and Soil
May 21, 2019
11:00 a.m. EDT, 8:00 a.m. PDT, 16:00 BST, 17:00 CEST
Conventional laboratory analysis of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) is expensive because it utilizes slow chromatography-based techniques that also require sample preparation. Costs can be significantly reduced by utilizing SIFT-MS, which provides direct, rapid sample analysis with no or minimal sample prep. Automated SIFT-MS can achieve throughputs in excess of 100 samples per hour – even for challenging compounds like ammonia and formaldehyde.
In this webinar, we will introduce the SIFT-MS technique and a variety of ground-breaking applications. Applications will cover analysis of diverse VOCs (e.g. BTEX, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and very polar oxygenates) in diverse matrices, including:
• Polymers and packaging
Brought to you by:
- The fundamentals of the selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) technique, including its ability to selectively and comprehensively analyze samples in one, simple procedure.
- How automating SIFT-MS analysis can revolutionize analysis of organic volatiles in air, water, soil, and polymers delivering competitive advantage through time and cost savings.
- How automated SIFT-MS turns headspace techniques that are cumbersome with chromatography (e.g., multiple headspace extraction) into practical, economical methodologies.
- Laboratory managers / directors
- Chromatographers analyzing volatile organic compounds
- Environmental engineers and scientists
- New product developers (engineers and scientists)
- Those seeking to obtain competitive advantage through delivering faster broad-spectrum gas and headspace analysis
Vaughan Langford, Ph. D
Mark Perkins, Ph.D.
Senior Applications Chemist