Rapid Volatile Impurity Analysis in Pharmaceutical Products Using SIFT-MS
November 15, 2017
8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST / 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET
Volatile compounds occur frequently as impurities in pharmaceutical products and are often of concern due their toxicity. SIFT-MS is a new tool for real-time, selective and economical trace gas and headspace analysis of volatile compounds, including chromatographically challenging ones such as formaldehyde, formic acid, and ammonia.
Direct, broad-spectrum analysis using SIFT-MS provides new opportunities across multiple pharmaceutical applications, including:
• Simple formaldehyde analysis
• Residual solvent analysis
• Packaging screening, including residual monomer analysis.
Join us for this web seminar to learn more about how SIFT-MS works and how it speeds and simplifies common pharma VOC analysis applications.
Brought to you by:
• The fundamentals of the selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) technique, including its ability to selectively and comprehensively analyze samples in one, simple procedure.
• How SIFT-MS can greatly increase sample throughput for residual monomer and residual solvent analysis.
• Understand from a formaldehyde case study, how SIFT-MS can eliminate sample preparation through direct analysis.
• Food researchers
• Analytical chemists
• Polymer chemists
• Packaging technologists
• Researchers/ R&D Mangagers
• Laboratory Managers/ Directors / Supervisors
• QA/QC managers and scientists
Dr. Vaughan Langford, Ph.D.,
Director of Applications and Marketing,
Dr. Mark Perkins, Ph.D.,
Senior Applications Chemist,