_____ Brought to you by Thermo Fisher Scientific _____
Escape the Metabolomics Identity Crisis with Intelligence Driven Mass Spectrometry
May 29, 2019
8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 16:00 BST / 17:00 CEST
Small molecule unknown identification is challenging due to the vastly diverse chemical space with exponential possibilities for any given compound. High-resolution accurate-mass spectrometry delivers informative analytical measurements providing biological insight. Yet, converting mass spectra into confidently annotated compounds is a difficult process due to the complexity of small molecules hindering confident biological interpretation.
New workflow strategies for data acquisition and analysis have been developed for applications like metabolomics on Orbitrap MS systems. Employing an intelligent acquisition strategy minimizes fragmentation of background ions and degenerate signals, and efficiently generates more spectral information on relevant compounds. Information-rich data combined with advanced annotation tools and highly curated spectral libraries removes the identification barrier leading to confident biological interpretation.
Brought to you by:
- Improved metabolome annotation using a streamlined acquisition approach with the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap ID-X Tribrid MS
- Increased annotation confidence by obtaining information-rich spectra on biologically relevant compounds
- Advanced annotation tools in Thermo Scientific™ Compound Discoverer™ software to accelerate untargeted metabolomics analysis
- Metabolomics researchers and laboratory scientists
- MS practitioners applying the untargeted or discovery approach
- Scientists interested in small molecule characterization and structure elucidation
Amanda Souza, M.S.
Metabolomics Program Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific