Accurate and Confident Metabolic Profiling - Combining a Standardized and Quantitative Targeted Assay with High Resolution Accurate Mass MS
September 27, 2017
8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 16:00 BST / 17:00 CEST
The metabolic phenotype or profile of an individual provides a readout of the physiological status, disease risk, environmental exposure, drug and treatment response prediction. Reliable results are a must for targeted metabolite profiling when detecting and quantifying a predefined set of metabolites.
The first part of the webinar will discuss the current state of targeted metabolomics, challenges and how advances in mass spectrometry with High Resolution Accurate Mass (HRAM) Orbitrap systems combined with standardized workflows delivers accuracy and confidence for quantitative, targeted analysis.
The second part of the webinar will discuss the AbsoluteIDQ® Kit, , specifically designed for HRAM MS, that delivers precise quantitative measurements of biologically important metabolites, while, providing consistency across studies and between labs. Extensive information about the workflow of the metabolic assay kit, the analytical performance of the kit as well as the biological relevance of the metabolites covered will also be presented. The webinar will conclude with a demonstration of basic principles for data analysis.
Brought to you by:
• Learn about targeted metabolomics, its associated challenges and how advanced workflows with kit development leads to more accurate and confident targeted analysis
• Meet the newly introduced Biocrates AbsoluteIDQ® p400 HR Kit, key benefits and analytical performance for targeted analysis of biologically relevant metabolites
• Discover how the AbsoluteIDQ® p400 HR Kit and Q Exactive Orbitrap MS family delivers a standardized, quality-controlled and reproducible quantitative assay in your lab
•Researchers interested in Metabolomics and Lipidomics
• Core Laboratory Scientists
• New users in mass spectrometry and metabolomics
• Researchers performing large-scale, epidemiological and disease-related metabolomics studies
Barbara Wolf, PhD.,
Knowledge Manager, Scientific Marketing & Biochemist,
Biocrates Life Sciences AG, Research and Development
Anastasia Kalli, PhD.,
Strategic Marketing Specialist,
Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry, Thermo Fisher Scientific