Advantages of SFC and Convergence Chromatography-MS for Cosmetics and Personal Care Product Testing
December 6, 2016
10:00 a.m. EST / 15:00 a.m. GMT / 16:00 CET / 20:30 IST
In this webinar, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) fundamentals, as well as the use of UltraPerformance Convergence Chromatography (UPC2) with mass spectrometry (MS) will be covered. The advantages and possibilities of UPC² will be shown for applications in the cosmetic and personal care industry, along with a brief introduction of preparative SFC and supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) as alternative techniques.
A fast (7-minute) analysis of fragrance allergens in perfume and personal care products by UPC²-MS will be described in detail. With the changing regulations for the analyses of allergens, UPC²-MS is the method of choice for analyzing highly diverse types of molecules including phenols, cyclic hydrocarbons, alcohols, carbonyl compounds, esters and lactones that exhibit a diversity of polarities and structural similarity.
Brought to you by:
• Fundamentals of preparative SFC and supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) for cosmetic research and routine testing
• 7-minute method for the analysis of fragrance allergens in perfume and personal care products by UPC²-MS
• Advantages of SFx technology for chromatography and extraction of a variety of samples including natural products such as lavender, herbs, plants, etc.
• R&D and QC Managers
• Laboratory Managers/Directors
• Laboratory Technicians / Operators
• Researchers from Academia, Industry, and Contract Research Organizations
Isabelle François, Ph.D.,
Business Development Manager,
UPC²/SFC & Strategic
Senior Applications Scientist,
Chemical Materials Business Operations
Senior Correspondent Editor,