|Overview: Stabilized Lithium Metal Powder (SLMP®), a newly developed material, is a high surface area, yet safe to handle form of lithium metal.
Different grades of SLMP can be used to improve the performance of lithium ion batteries, prepare organometallic reagents and enable other innovative ideas in a safer way. Li-ion battery technology offers the best solution for combined energy density, performance, cost and life for the foreseeable future for both portable electronics and electrification of vehicles.
SLMP offers these enhancements:
Areas covered in the Webinar:
- Can be incorporated into electrodes of batteries in a very small amount to provide an independent source of lithium to the battery cell
- Compensates for irreversible capacity of anode materials and removes the need to have all lithium provided by the cathode material
- Can be applied safely in a dry room
- Dissolves into the anode upon addition of an electrolyte preserving the basic lithium-ion battery design
- Compensates for new choices for active anode and cathode materials
- Offers battery cell designers significantly more opportunities to improve the battery energy density, safety, cost and life
- Behaves similarly to lithium dispersion for traditional organometallic reactions but with improved safety
- Lithium battery technology
- Energy storage
- Passivated reactive metal
- Dry reducing agent
Who Should Attend?
- Computational chemists
- Battery designers
- Material scientists