Issue Date: December 17, 2007
National Chemistry Week Celebrates 20 Years
Careers in chemistry captured the public spotlight during this year's National Chemistry Week (NCW), the American Chemical Society's largest annual chemistry outreach event.
The weeklong celebration, which took place on Oct. 21-27, highlighted the breadth of careers in chemistry and honored the diversity of people in those careers. More than 10,000 volunteers gathered at schools, malls, universities, libraries, museums, and zoos . . .
You Do Not Have Access to C&EN Protected Content.
- National Chemistry Week Celebrates 20 Years
- The 'Many Faces of Chemistry' theme highlights the diversity of chemists and their careers.
- Photo Gallery: Many Faces of Chemistry
- During National Chemistry Week 2007, ACS local sections promoted the diversity of chemistry. Here is a sampling of the activities that occurred around the country.
- NCW Poster Contest Winners Announced
- Photo Gallery: Winning Posters
- This year's National Chemistry Week K-12 grade poster contest winners illustrated the "Many Faces of Chemistry."
- Chemical & Engineering News
- ISSN 0009-2347
- Copyright © American Chemical Society