Web Date: October 6, 2008
Nobel Prize In Physiology Or Medicine
This year's Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine goes to three Europeans for research linking human papillomaviruses to cancer and for the discovery of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
Half of the $1.4 million prize goes to 72-year-old German virologist Harald zur Hausen of the German Cancer Research Centre, in Heidelberg, "for his discovery of human papillomaviruses causing cervical cancer."
"I knew that I . . .
You Do Not Have Access to C&EN Protected Content.
- Nobel Prize In Chemistry
- Japanese, two Americans tapped for green fluorescent protein.
- Nobel Prize In Physics
- Three honored for developing fundamental theory that explains why matter persists.
- Nobel Prize In Physiology Or Medicine
- Discoverers of HIV and cancer-causing human papillomaviruses get the nod.
- C&ENtral Science: The Chemistry Nobel â€¦ And A Rap To Celebrate It
- C&ENtral Science: The Chemistry Nobel â€¦ And A Video To Celebrate It
- Chemical & Engineering News
- ISSN 0009-2347
- Copyright © American Chemical Society