Vietnam Project Moves Along | November 30, 2009 Issue - Vol. 87 Issue 48 | Chemical & Engineering News
Volume 87 Issue 48 | p. 18 | Concentrates
Issue Date: November 30, 2009

Vietnam Project Moves Along

Department: Business
Keywords: Vietnam, Siam Cement, Qatar Petroleum

Thailand’s Siam Cement has signed an agreement with Qatar Petroleum to build a $4 billion petrochemical complex on Long Son Island, in southern Vietnam. Vietnamese partners Petrovietnam and Vinachem will hold a 29% stake in the facility; Siam, Qatar, and an international trading firm will hold the remaining 71%. The complex will have an ethylene steam cracker with 1.4 million metric tons of olefins capacity. Output will include polypropylene, polyethylene, chlorine, ethylene dichloride, and vinyl chloride.

 
Chemical & Engineering News
ISSN 0009-2347
Copyright © American Chemical Society

Leave A Comment

*Required to comment