ADVERTISEMENT
2 /3 FREE ARTICLES LEFT THIS MONTH Remaining
Chemistry matters. Join us to get the news you need.

If you have an ACS member number, please enter it here so we can link this account to your membership. (optional)

ACS values your privacy. By submitting your information, you are gaining access to C&EN and subscribing to our weekly newsletter. We use the information you provide to make your reading experience better, and we will never sell your data to third party members.

ENJOY UNLIMITED ACCES TO C&EN

Business

... As Country Gets Styrenics Venture

by Alexander H. Tullo
October 21, 2013 | APPEARED IN VOLUME 91, ISSUE 42

Brazilian chemical maker Braskem and Styrolution, a joint venture between Ineos and BASF, plan to build a 100,000-metric-ton-per-year plant in Brazil that will make acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene and styrene-acrylonitrile polymers. Styrolution will own 70% of the plant and Braskem the remaining 30%. The companies anticipate beginning construction in 2015 and completing it in 2017. The plant will be South America’s only maker of the polymers, the partners say, although local firms Videolar and Unigel have also revealed plans for ABS plants in Brazil.

X

Article:

This article has been sent to the following recipient:

Leave A Comment

*Required to comment