ADVERTISEMENT
2 /3 FREE ARTICLES LEFT THIS MONTH Remaining
Chemistry matters. Join us to get the news you need.

If you have an ACS member number, please enter it here so we can link this account to your membership. (optional)

ACS values your privacy. By submitting your information, you are gaining access to C&EN and subscribing to our weekly newsletter. We use the information you provide to make your reading experience better, and we will never sell your data to third party members.

ENJOY UNLIMITED ACCES TO C&EN

Business

Indorama Will Buy Yarn Maker PHP

by Alexander H. Tullo
February 10, 2014 | APPEARED IN VOLUME 92, ISSUE 6

Thai polyester maker Indorama Ventures has agreed to buy an 80% stake in PHP Fibers, a German maker of nylon yarns for auto air-bags, for an undisclosed amount. Japanese automotive supplier Toyobo is buying the other 20% of the company. PHP had revenues of $340 million in 2012 and employs 750 people. The combination of Toyobo and PHP will be the world’s largest supplier of nylon 6, 6 yarn to the air-bag industry, according to Toyobo. Indorama says the business will enjoy synergies with its other fibers operations.

X

Article:

This article has been sent to the following recipient:

Leave A Comment

*Required to comment